Saturday, March 29, 2008

Of Rum,Vodka and Scotch !!!!cheers!!!

Some one asked me, just the other day, what was my favorite poison? Well, my reply was that I start with Rum…move on to Vodka and finish it off with Scotch( smart alec..well I am!!!).The aftermath…bad hangover and off booze for a month(well not so smart after all!!!).Anyway did you catch my drift???

What I wanted to share is a personal dilemma something I have been tryin2rid myself off. You see we need to get our bias right (huh! easier said than done). I have been in situations where if my Intraday trade had gone against me, I suddenly decide that I am going to play the Swing. Well the swingin aint helping either so what do I do??? You guessed right…I decide to go Positional!!!!(déjà vu…anyone??).What happens next ???….mental agony(bad hangover!!!) and loss of opportunity, since money is blocked in Positions(Off booze for a month!!!).

Sad?…Yeah I know….but it has its advantages you see. Suddenly The Wife finds me to be the best of religious converts…Prayin to the LORD..Hard!!!!(she thinks I am doin for her and the kids…Hell no!!! right now my Position is more important..so pray harder!!!).Well the LORD listens but he says “Son love your losses the way you love ME”…confused??? me too.. but the LORD, as they say, speaks a different lingo then us mortals. He wanted me to love my losses deep enuff, that I take ‘em as soon as they occurred (cut your losses short!!!).

In my last two years of trading I have come to notice that this has been the core of all my misfortunes….hopefully this year I will be more careful. As for all you sinners out there, watch this lovely song Sinnerman by Nina Simone…and pray for your positions….. as for me….I am still tryin2figure out my favorite POISON!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have had my fare share of poison too..the swinging kind...very well writen..