Saturday, April 5, 2008

Just Some Explorations !!!











Well lazing around today I thought of putting my RS concept of selecting stocks to use. Man this TA stuff certainly aint easy !!!!. In the above charts the Green Line is the Price of the scrip and the Red Line is the Nifty Index. In the lower pane, in Blue is plotted the RS line.Any way coming to my exploration this is what I did:
  • First I ran Comparative Relative Strength exploration on my stock watch folder, containing 209 scrips. The result of this exploration led to a selection of 59 scrips.
  • Secondly I used the results (59 scrips) of the previous exploration and subjected them, yet to an another exploration. This exploration was about ADX beginning to rise. The result of this lead to just 6 scrips out 59.
The purpose of this exercise was, to select first, the the scrips which were relatively stronger to the market. Second, another filter was used to select scrips, which showed strength in trend, that is, ADX beginning to rise(we got 6 out of 209!!!).Now I am not suggesting that the above scrips, will be definitely up on Monday. The idea is to keep a watch on them and find an entry when the Index starts to turn up,assuming that these will be the first to run when the going gets good!!!

No comments: